- My best friend's wedding this weekend in Brighton (with salsa party)
- My best friend's wedding knees up in Andalucia (salsa on the beach of Conil de la Frontera)
- Buena Vista Club in Oxford with live band Soneando
- The acclaimed Havana Rakatan dance show in London (tickets still available) followed by a night on the daiquiris at Floridita
- Carnival de Cuba in London, including Sur Caribe and Pedrito Calvo
- Salsa Republic
- Afro-Cuban Salsa Weekender
That should keep me very cheerful, all summer long! I'm a firm believer in the milestones-of-happiness approach.
I've dropped my writing target to a manageable 500 words per day. The plan is all done, in mega detail, so barring illness or other setbacks, I am aiming to finish a draft of 'Jaguar's Realm' in time for my birthday at the end of August. That way I can have a joint celebration at...where else but Floridita. Yay!
Ah, the best laid plans...