Wednesday 12 September 2007

Joshua 1 all finished...I hope!


Well, I think I've finally done my bit and now it's all over to the publishers. I sent the corrected proofs back last week. Much relief. Now I'm looking forward to seeing the final product, complete with secretly embedded code of a puzzle wot I wrote, which readers can solve to win a prize (an iPod, I believe...)...and the much-awaited, totally innovative jacket.
About which I'm going to say only this - you will be able to see the book all the way across the store! And, no, I'll say another thing. You know how they say 'don't judge a book by it's cover' and such-like? Well, in this case, couldja?
Now Agent Pete and I are working on a cunning plan; an online treat for readers of the book. Top secret!

4 comments:

Camila said...

Wow!!! Congrats! This anxiety of seeing the book "ready" must be thrilling! :-)

I know that, unfortunately, the jacket and the promotion won't reach Brasil (I'm a 28-year-old kid... I want the Ipod and the jacket!), but be sure I'm gonna buy your book, read it all and enjoy it a lot!

MG said...

Hey Chu...you could always buy it from amazon.co.uk, then you'll get the spiffy UK version. I don't know what the US cover is going to be like, and what English-language versions you get in Brazil will prob be US imports, if it's anything like Mexico.

Lucas said...

Amazon doesn't even have Joshua Files up yet :-( Cuase it would be good to pre-order it.
You could try Borders. They're good. They sell books in editions from all over the globe, as long as their in the smae language as in the country. :-D

R1X said...

Congrats :)