Wednesday 30 March 2005

One Novel Down, One In The Oven

Progress report on the leg: it's healing pretty much to plan. Yesterday I walked (hobbled) around the house and actually did a small amount of housework.

Meanwhile, the enforced rest did allow me to do what I surely couldn't have done otherwise, i.e. finish a novel. It's done, revised 8 times following advice from my beta readers Reba, Magda and Juan Fernando.

A sample of the novel is now with 5 literary agents, and another 4 have rejected it (2 didn't even want to read a sample). Amongst the copious advice given to writers is that to distract yourself from the misery of rejection, you should immediately start on the next project. So I'm doing that, writing a pretty ambitious kids book about a boy archaeologist. Ambitious because there's a lot of education being thrown in along the way.

Shhhhh, don't tell.

No comments: